This all-volunteer non-profit group has provided financial help for cancer patients in Southern Southeast Alaska for over 20 years.
About $2,000,000 in personal grants has been disbursed in our community since FCCC was begun in 1995. By ‘community’ we mean Ketchikan, Petersburg, Wrangell, Metlakatla and the towns and villages on Prince of Wales Island. These grants cover expenses for travel, lodging, medication, and equipment.
FCCC has given grants and donations for diagnostic and other equipment for Ketchikan Medical Center including:
- A Sentinel Cell Neoprobe for use in breast cancer surgery
- A Tissue Processor for the Pathology Department at KMC
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit in the KMC Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Suite
- A contribution to the KMC Infusion Suite for private, quiet chemotherapy
To apply for a grant
The application is a simple, one-page form. Payment is based on receipts for expenses. Applications for assistance are available in all doctors’ offices and clinics in the areas we serve or download one by clicking here…
How you can help
- You can send a donation as a gift or in someone’s honor or memory.
- You can volunteer in spring to help with the Saint Patrick’s Day Auction
- Serve on our Board. The Board is open to anyone who supports our vision.
- Your suggestions are welcome anytime. Our meetings are open to the public.