This all-volunteer non-profit group has provided financial help for cancer patients in Southern Southeast Alaska for over 20 years.
About $2,000,000 in personal grants has been disbursed in our community since FCCC was begun in 1995. By ‘community’ we mean Ketchikan, Petersburg, Wrangell, Metlakatla and the towns and villages on Prince of Wales Island. These grants cover expenses for travel, lodging, medication, and equipment.
FCCC has given grants and donations for diagnostic and other equipment for Ketchikan Medical Center including:
- A Sentinel Cell Neoprobe for use in breast cancer surgery
- A Tissue Processor for the Pathology Department at KMC
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit in the KMC Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Suite
- A contribution to the KMC Infusion Suite for private, quiet chemotherapy
To apply for a grant
The application is a simple, two-page form. Payment is based on receipts for expenses. Applications for assistance are available in all doctors’ offices and clinics in the areas we serve or download one by clicking here…
PREPARATION: Small receipts turned in with your application need to be taped to a standard sheet of copy paper. Placing more than one receipt per page is encouraged as long as they don’t overlap.
We want to thank the Community of Ketchikan for their gracious support. We were able to raise over $12,000 to assist those in need.
How you can help
- You can send a donation as a gift or in someone’s honor or memory.
- You. can turn in A&P receipts at the hospital in Ketchikan. (See below for more details.)
- You can volunteer in spring to help with the Saint Patrick’s Day Auction
- Serve on our Board. The Board is open to anyone who supports our vision.
- Your suggestions are welcome anytime. Our meetings are open to the public.
A&P Grocery donates 1% of every receipt which we turn in. Please consider saving & donating your A&P receipts to help First City Council on Cancer. This is a small but helpful way that you can help us in fullfilling our mission to reduce the impact of cancer related problems for people in our community.
- Receipts can be dropped off at the front desk of the hospital in Ketchikan.
- Please place receipts in an envelope or ziplock bag with Attn: Kathie Glover written on the front.
- Receipts now expire quarterly. Please turn them in before the dates listed below.
– 1st Quarter ends March 31st
– 2nd Quarter ends June 30th
– 3rd Quarter ends September 30th
– 4th Quarter ends December 31st