This all-volunteer non-profit group has provided financial help for cancer patients in Southern Southeast Alaska for over 20 years.
About $2,000,000 in personal grants has been disbursed in our community since FCCC was begun in 1995. By ‘community’ we mean Ketchikan, Petersburg, Wrangell, Metlakatla and the towns and villages on Prince of Wales Island. These grants cover expenses for travel, lodging, medication, and equipment.
FCCC has given grants and donations for diagnostic and other equipment for Ketchikan Medical Center including:
- A Sentinel Cell Neoprobe for use in breast cancer surgery
- A Tissue Processor for the Pathology Department at KMC
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit in the KMC Women’s Diagnostic Imaging Suite
- A contribution to the KMC Infusion Suite for private, quiet chemotherapy
To Apply For a Grant
The application is a simple, two-page form. Payment is based on receipts for expenses. Applications for assistance are available in all doctors’ offices and clinics in the areas we serve or download one by clicking here…
PREPARATION: Small receipts turned in with your application need to be taped to a standard sheet of copy paper. Placing more than one receipt per page is encouraged as long as they don’t overlap.
We want to thank the Community of Ketchikan for their gracious support. We were able to raise over $12,000 to assist those in need.
How You Can Help
- You can send a donation as a gift or in someone’s honor or memory.
- If you have fundraising ideas and are willing to help organize, please contact any board member.
- Serve on our Board. The Board is open to anyone who supports our vision.
- Your suggestions are welcome anytime. Our meetings are open to the public.
Stay Tuned For
Fundraisers tentatively planned for Spring 2022:
- A yard sale at North Tongass Community Center.
- Another “Charity” Auction.